The first time I ever heard of Talking Heads was when I read this in the fan mail page of Captain America #323 when I was seven years old. I remember being confused by all the references I didn’t get. I also remember feeling like Talking Heads were some doofy band that corny grownups liked. In my head, they were… I don’t know, Mike And The Mechanics?
I tried Googling Matt O’Grady of East Northport just now; seems he went on to write sketch comedy. Jeff Strabone has a political blog. I hope they both have Google alerts for their names. Kinda weird that they both lived near me. As for Mark Gruenwald, he remains my hero.
I don’t understand any of this but I think I like it?
I haven’t read too many Matt Fraction books outside the Casanova series, but I really hope Marvel lets him do stuff like this.
lol i wonder if anyone writes in to complain about all of Matt Fraction’s Mountain Goats references.
36 Notes/ Hide
- whitneymcn likes this
- shanexcore likes this
- liquidiousfleshbag likes this
- andrewtsks reblogged this from nickminichino and added:
- nedison likes this
- imathers likes this
- warmandpunchy likes this
- beautravail reblogged this from nickminichino and added:
- lunapancake likes this
- onemanbandstand likes this
- doomandgloomfromthetomb likes this
- chrismohney likes this
- natepatrin reblogged this from nickminichino and added:
- nickminichino reblogged this from placesweusedtogo and added:
- matthewgallaway likes this
- katiebakes likes this
- jamesdereksapienza likes this
- adrianeq likes this
- backstagebethy reblogged this from titivil
- backstagebethy likes this
- awpoops likes this
- osmium likes this
- unbornwhiskey likes this
- derasso likes this
- placesweusedtogo reblogged this from halphillips and added:
- jonbershad likes this
- halphillips posted this